Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
don_qlikview
Creator
Creator

Variables for selections

Hello All,

I want to know if i can store selections in a variable using Qliksense? For example i want to make few selections in the applications and store those selections in a variable called v1 and then make few other selections and store in variable v2. Do you think this is possible to do so? I don't want to use bookmarks as that is one of the requirements from business.

Thanks for the help!!!

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can probably use GetCurrentSelection() or a similar system function to retrieve the current selection and then store the output to a variable, the bigger issue would be how to restore the selection from the variable.

May I ask why you or business don't want to use bookmarks?

don_qlikview
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Swuehl,

We are doing a POC and comparing BI tools. So, one of the use case is to save, retrieve, delete and modify selections made by user without using bookmark object. I know bookmark object can easily fulfill this requirement but business does not want to do so.

Do you think there's a work around for it?

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi

I guess you can achieve your requierment with one of this extension availble in Qlik Branch site

qsvariable

Or sense sheet Navigation that's get features like set value ( variable) and / Or apply Bookmark

regards

Bruno