Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

GP % expression how to make it with out select current mth and yr ?

Hi All

I have beow expression at table 1 working fine , when i select current month and year :-

(

sum({$<year=, month=, date = {">=$(=MonthStart(vSelectedDate, -48))<=$(=vSelectedDate)"}>} sales/$(Columndim89))/1

-

sum({$<year=, month=, date = {">=$(=MonthStart(vSelectedDate, -48))<=$(=vSelectedDate)"}>} cost/$(Columndim89))/1

)

/

sum({$<year=, month=, date = {">=$(=MonthStart(vSelectedDate, -48))<=$(=vSelectedDate)"}>} sales/$(Columndim89))/1

Can some one share with me how to make the above expression still working when i not select current month and current year ?

Now Table 2 not working fine , because of above expression need to modify.

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be change the expression for the variable vSelectedDate to this:

=MonthEnd(MakeDate(Max({<sales = {'*'}>}year), Max({<sales = {'*'}, year = {$(=Max(year))}>} month),1))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be change the expression for the variable vSelectedDate to this:

=MonthEnd(MakeDate(Max({<sales = {'*'}>}year), Max({<sales = {'*'}, year = {$(=Max(year))}>} month),1))

marcus_sommer

Your variable vSelectedDate could be changed to max(DATE) which will be return a value if nothing is selected and if some value(s) are selected it returns the max. value from the selected values.

- Marcus

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sunny

Thank you for your help. there are some thing wrong in my org expression. I need to settle first.

Paul

Not applicable

Finally my chart GP % value is correct. I ever once have chart display wrong value because i click on null dimension , and no one have detect this mistake for 5 yr.