Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Server 10 reloads succesfully but sometimes fetches no rows from a table

Hi,

Recently I installed QV Small business server 10 over a windows 2008 server 32Bit. We jumped from server 9 over windows 2003 server SR2.

Apparently everything is ok and the QEMC shows no error but, sometimes, reload fetches 0 rows. Logs say reload was succesful, they show correct amount of fields found on the table I tryed to reload but, as I said, fetched rows 0. A minute later you reload again and everything goes right, correct amount of rows appear. Then you do it all over again and it fetches no rows... it doesn't seem to respond to a pattern. It happens when you program a reload and it also happens when you reload manually from server. QV 10 Desktop client doesn't seem to have this problem, it never fails.

We run a multibase database and we connect the whole thing through a Multibase ODBC conector provided by Transtools. We proved that the ODBC works fine, we loaded the same table through the ODBC connector into a "xlsx" file and it worked fine.

We also proved that it's not a blocked table issue. The reload we try to run doesn't have any circular reference or synthetic tables or values. We stopped every process pointed to the table we try to reload to make sure table is not being used while we try to reload it.

The machine where it's installed is new, Windows is also fresh and new.

We runned out of ideas, the weird thing is that we have no error messages, logs say "Reload Succesful". ¿Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi again,

Even though nobody answered my question I'll tell what happened in case somebody had the same problem.

We asked Qliktech directly and, it seems, it was a bug.

They solved the bug for us but I don't know if they are gonna publish a new release with this bug solved.

Anyway, if you have the same problem, reffer to Qliktech and they will solve it.

Thanks anyway.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi again,

Even though nobody answered my question I'll tell what happened in case somebody had the same problem.

We asked Qliktech directly and, it seems, it was a bug.

They solved the bug for us but I don't know if they are gonna publish a new release with this bug solved.

Anyway, if you have the same problem, reffer to Qliktech and they will solve it.

Thanks anyway.