Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SNasif
Contributor III
Contributor III

Talend Administration Center Failed Job Monitoring

Hello Gurus,

I have an inquiry concerning the execution and monitoring on jobs on the Talend Administration Center. I'm quite familiar with working on the Data Integration studio, publishing, monitoring and executing. What I still can't seem to wrap my head around is the methodology of reading and benefiting from the TAC status.

I could have a job that failed half way into the run and the TAC status would show "Job Ended Successfully". I took the time to read into the topic and found that when TAC shows the message "Job Ended Successfully" it simply means that the job has elapsed from start to end regardless whether or not any errors arose in the job. In order to find said errors, we'd need to go into the execution's specific log and look through it. Ideally, I'd like for the error to be displayed on the Job Status on the Job Conductor or Task Execution Monitor as I run a large load of jobs daily. Is there any workaround that can be suggested? or is there a possibility that I am setting up my jobs incorrectly/with improper error logging?

Thank you for your time!

Labels (3)
1 Reply
ThWabi
Creator II
Creator II

Hello SNasif,

maybe you can try using an onSubjobError link connected to a tDie component? If an error occurs, your Job will terminate and it will show up in TAC JobConductor / Monitoring. If you are using tRunJob, check the "die on child error" option.

Best regards,

Thomas