Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Can Qlik Alerting send out alerts to external REST API?

I want to send out alerts to external REST API's through HTTP GET or POST requests. Is this possible?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This is not currently possible but is on the roadmap as a possible capability that is introduced in a later release.

Thanks,

Sunil

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This is not currently possible but is on the roadmap as a possible capability that is introduced in a later release.

Thanks,

Sunil

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you can discern the alert in the load script (and in most cases you can) then you can make a call via the REST connector in the load script to send the alert.

Similar is true if you wish to upload a file or send an email on an event occurring in the data.

Say you want to alert if you have a one or more rows where margin is below 50% in the past day you can do this with a RESIDENT load after loading the data table;

tmpMarginAlert:
LOAD
  sum(1) as UnderMargin
RESIDENT DataTable
WHERE Date >= DayStart(today()-1) and Margin < 0.5
;

let iUnderMargin = peek('UnderMargin', -1, 'tmpMarginAlert');

DROP TABLE tmpMarginAlert;

if iUnderMargin > 0 then

The syntax of the REST PUT call that you need to make then depends very much on the endpoint that you wish to call and what parameters it is expecting.

I did a blog post on sending data from the Qlik load script which you may find helpful;

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/send-data-from-qlik-load-script/

This describes sending HTML in the body of an email when a condition is met, sending via a REST connection should be simpler that what is described there.

Hope that helps.

Steve

ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks @stevedark , I'm aware or the load script option to send out alerts during script exexcution. I was hoping to find this functionality in Qlik Altering, but apparently this will be added in a future release.