Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiloniP
Contributor
Contributor

Can information about success/failure of alerts be made available in the document log/task log in case of failure of task in QMC due to an alert?

Hi all,

Recently , my applications are failing to load in QMC with the below error in task log :

"Error The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. || at QlikView.Doc.SaveAs(String _FileName, Int16 _Format) || at QVBWrapper.Document.Save(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_SaveAsFileName)..."

Whereas it completes successfully with no error in document log when the qlikview application is  reloaded manually .

The reason for the above error is given as "invalid alert configured on the task." according to this link 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Error-The-sourcedocument-failed-to-save-Exception-Syste... 

My concern is, that I have a lot of alerts, around 250 alerts, configured in my application and it is really not feasible to check the conditions for each and every alert to find out which particular alert is causing the failure.

So I would like to know whether there is any option to get the information regarding the Alerts configured in the application, in the document log file so that it is easier to identify which alert is causing the error.

Kindly let me know if any of you have a solution for the same.

Thanks in advance! 😊

Labels (2)
0 Replies