Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SET_Padawan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Does Qlik Sense SAAS have system alerts?

Hi, trying to see if I can create system alerts for SAAS like you can seemingly do on Windows. I just need an alert for when an app's data has successfully reloaded or not. 

Labels (2)
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Qlik SAAS is very flexible when it comes to alerting. You have endless possibilities using the Automation feature. You can start by looking at the Qlik Help section: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_QlikAutomation/working-with-...

View solution in original post

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @SET_Padawan 

The automation is enabled from the permissions tab under the user section of the management console. Please check if you have this role allocated to you.

You can assign this to all users in the tenant, individual users, or groups. 

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @SET_Padawan : you might have a Qlik Sense Business subscription, which doesn't include Qlik Application Automation. If that's the case, please reach out to your account manager for a possible upgrade.

However, basic notifications for failed reloads can also be setup in Qlik Sense Business via the Notification settings panel for each app:

Daniele_Purrone_1-1692019719274.png

Daniele_Purrone_0-1692019680932.png

I hope this helps!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @SET_Padawan , yes. As part of the basic notifications that's what we offer. You might solve this but setting up rules on your mailserver so that emails matching certain requirements are automatically forwarded to the required people.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik

9 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Qlik SAAS is very flexible when it comes to alerting. You have endless possibilities using the Automation feature. You can start by looking at the Qlik Help section: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_QlikAutomation/working-with-...

SET_Padawan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply! Just to confirm, Automation is where I can set these system alerts? I don't seem to have access to it on my account. 

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @SET_Padawan 

The automation is enabled from the permissions tab under the user section of the management console. Please check if you have this role allocated to you.

You can assign this to all users in the tenant, individual users, or groups. 

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @SET_Padawan : you might have a Qlik Sense Business subscription, which doesn't include Qlik Application Automation. If that's the case, please reach out to your account manager for a possible upgrade.

However, basic notifications for failed reloads can also be setup in Qlik Sense Business via the Notification settings panel for each app:

Daniele_Purrone_1-1692019719274.png

Daniele_Purrone_0-1692019680932.png

I hope this helps!

SET_Padawan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Vinay_B , whatever image you have attached does not seem to be loading. But I don't think I have access to the QMC.

SET_Padawan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone ! Thanks for this. I did see this option, but if I understand correctly, these notifications will only be for my account. I need to send out alerts to a bunch of people for my clients.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @SET_Padawan , yes. As part of the basic notifications that's what we offer. You might solve this but setting up rules on your mailserver so that emails matching certain requirements are automatically forwarded to the required people.

SET_Padawan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone , thanks again for this. What exactly are the permissions/privileges/roles I would need from the admin to set up these alerts?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @SET_Padawan ,

if you are not a tenant, or analytics, admin, in order to get notifications for a specific app, you need to be the owner of the reload schedule of that app.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Introduction/profile-set... 

Otherwise, the above-mentioned administrators can get notifications for the whole tenant.

Daniele