Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrashantSangle

Network error after installation of qlik alert

Hello Experts,

I facing challenges in installation of Qlik Alert.

I have qliksense nov 2020 version, So I am installing Nov 2020 qlik alert on my server. All installation went smooth.

After completion of all set up process, I got mail for create or update password. I updated that too.

then I redirected to localhot:4242/#/login page

I entered the username & password. It will take it but still showing a connecting symbol on bottom + right corner of page. At same time I can see all the alert option on top. and after certain time I got network error.

Attaching snip of it. Don't understand what is happening & how to resolve it.

login_still_showing_login_screen.PNG

1: error snip with connecting symbol but at same time I can see all alert menu option on top

network error msg.PNG

2: error snip with network error msg but at same time I can see all alert menu option on top

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PrashantSangle
Author

Closing this thread because we found the issue. 

Issue is installation of Redis database. So instead of installing nov 2020 we install Feb 2021 to avoid Redis db dependencies. As In Feb 2021 we don't required Redis anymore. That really help us.

Feb 2021 is working smoothly.

Thanks @PadmaPriya for your support.

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @PrashantSangle 

Please find the below steps:

The first step would be ensure that the necessary ports are opened for Qlik Alerting (4551/4552) also next you can check the logging. 

This message indicates that there is communication problem between browser and Alerting. Possible causes are below.

• Qlik Alerting is not running correctly:
Restart the Services and see if the issue will be resolved.

• ​Issue of service account which running Alerting Service
Please change the service account for Qlik Alerting Services and see if the issue will be resolved.

• Network issue
Contact your network administrator for further troubleshooting.

• Proxy issue
Remove the Proxy and see if the issue will be resolved.

Thanks,
Padma Priya
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
PrashantSangle
Author

Hello,

thanks for response, as per your suggestion I tried with restarting services still not working

I also start service with user who have domain administrator rights still no luck.

I check 4551 and 4552 both are open.

I am not sure about which proxy we have to remove. Can you assist me on that point?

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant Sangle

PrashantSangle
Author

Closing this thread because we found the issue. 

Issue is installation of Redis database. So instead of installing nov 2020 we install Feb 2021 to avoid Redis db dependencies. As In Feb 2021 we don't required Redis anymore. That really help us.

Feb 2021 is working smoothly.

Thanks @PadmaPriya for your support.

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Thanks @PrashantSangle  for sharing your analysis and solution.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!