Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jabares123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Alerting Extension authentication failed!

Hi guys,

When testing the qlik alerting extension from the qlik sense app, it shows me a message saying "authentication failed ......"

I have enabled port 4552 and check https. If I change the port to 4551 and uncheck the check it shows me another error message: "Could not retrieve user info....."

Can anybody help me?

I have tried everything and do not know what else to look at.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
14 Replies
Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

What version of Qlik Alerting have you installed?

There is a known issue with Qlik Alerting June 2020 whereby if there are numbers present in the host name entered into the extension configuration settings then this isn't supported.  This has been resolved now and a service release will be made available over the next few days.

Regards,

Sunil

jabares123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,
thanks for you request.

I has install June 2020.

I don't have numbers in the host name, this problem not attached for me.

Can you give other idea please?

Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Has you Qlik Sense license been updated to include Qlik Alerting?  If you check in Qlik Sense QMC under site license, do you see any reference for Qlik Alerting?  If not, then please speak with your partner manager to get your license updated.

Thanks,

Sunil

jabares123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for you request.

I still haven't been able to speak to my systems buddy to check this.
But I tell you that the web portal qlik alerting works ok, I can create data alerts and emails arrive correctly.

The communication between Qlik Alerting and Sense is OK (I think) but the problem is only in the qlik alerting extension (button)

Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee

Great - are the alerts triggering as expected?  You should get 2 emails.  One will be confirmation that the alert has been created and the other is for alerts being triggered.  The triggered alert is the one that requires the license to be enabled.  You can also do a license check from the Qlik Alerting server:

- Access the server through a remote desktop session
- Navigate to c:/program files/qlik alerting/setup/licence-check
- Open a cmd line window with admin privileges
- Enter npm start and press enter
- If the connection to Qlik Sense is successful the licenseFile.json and rawFile.json will be updated in this folder
the licenseFile.json will show a summary of the details that Qlik Alerting has picked up from Qlik Sense
The licenseFile should return data suggesting an active license if not then check this with your partner manager.

jabares123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, I'm going to check that.

jabares123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I checked all the points and the error continue apperence.

jabares123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello, for giving more context of my situation:
There are two servers, one for qliksense and one for qlik alerting.

My user correctly access qlik sense, in QMC I have an assigned PROFESSIONAL license.
In qlikalerting web portal I access correctly, I am admin.

Does this scenario change the configuration anything?

Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This configuration is fine as long as you have Qlik Alerting added to your Qlik Sense license.

Have you tried using the latest service release available on the download site?

Regards,

Sunil