Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill-SHU
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense cloud service - why am I being asked for an SMTP server for sharing reports from the Qlik Cloud?

With the June announcement of the capability to email sheets/reports, I seem to be required to enter my own SMTP server in the management console.  Since this is a cloud service, why am I being asked to provide my own SMPT server?  My IT  group is questioning this.

Thanks. 

Bill Sweeney

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Akshesh_Patel
Support
Support

Hi,

Configuring an email server enables users to receive notifications and share charts by email. Chart sharing lets Qlik Sense users share static Qlik Sense charts with anyone regardless of whether they are Qlik Sense users or not. When this feature is enabled, users have the option to send Qlik Sense charts to any email address, by right-clicking a chart and selecting Share.

You must provide an email server from which emails are sent. You can use a dedicated email server or use an SMTP provider like G Suite or Office 365.

Email settings and chart sharing are administered by tenant admins from the Management Console under Configuration > Settings.

For more info : https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Admin/mc-enable-email-sh...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Akshesh_Patel
Support
Support

Hi,

Configuring an email server enables users to receive notifications and share charts by email. Chart sharing lets Qlik Sense users share static Qlik Sense charts with anyone regardless of whether they are Qlik Sense users or not. When this feature is enabled, users have the option to send Qlik Sense charts to any email address, by right-clicking a chart and selecting Share.

You must provide an email server from which emails are sent. You can use a dedicated email server or use an SMTP provider like G Suite or Office 365.

Email settings and chart sharing are administered by tenant admins from the Management Console under Configuration > Settings.

For more info : https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Admin/mc-enable-email-sh...

Bill-SHU
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the detailed response.  That is helpful.  However, I was more asking that we have this cloud service and I have to have my own SMTP server (or access to a different cloud mail service).   Why wouldn't a cloud service, come with a cloud capability to send email from that service for functions provided by that service?  

I hope that clarifies.  Thanks.

Bill