Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

how to change administrator user directory after installation

Hi,
Unfortunately I made a mistake regarding the administrator user directory during the installation.
How can I fix it ?
Now i'm facing logging problem saying "the user .... has not access. Contact your admin."
Anyone can help me?
Many thanks in adavance for your time.
Best regards
Andrea

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Andrea,

Is there another admin user that you can log in as?

If you haven't gone through and created too many alerts already, it may easier to do a full uninstall and reinstall.  This includes dropping the Qlik Alerting database once you have uninstalled the software.  You can use something like Robo3T which is free to download to view the database and then drop it.

Regards,

Sunil

ashleyie
Contributor
Contributor

1. Create a local account with the user name you wish.

• Local account creation is well hidden; here is how to find it:
      Settings > Accounts > Family & Other users > Other users > Add someone else to this PC > The person I want to add doesn't have an email address > Add a user without Microsoft account
  2. Change account type to administrator (can skip if there is other administrator).

3. Remove original Microsoft linked account
  4. Link local account to Microsoft account if you wish
ashleyie
Contributor
Contributor

1. Create a local account with the user name you wish.

• Local account creation is well hidden; here is how to find it:
      Settings > Accounts > Family & Other users > Other users > Add someone else to this PC > The person I want to add doesn't have an email address > Add a user without Microsoft account
  2. Change account type to administrator (can skip if there is other administrator).

3. Remove original Microsoft linked account
  4. Link local account to Microsoft account if you wish GarageBand For Windows
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Uninstall easy way until unless atleast one person can able to login?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)