cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advanced filtering that stays on top level

Hi,

I would like to be able to filter my data where the filter is a drill down, but only data for the particular filter will be displayed.

For example, I have a drill down with two layers and every layer option below has its own data.

Layer 1 : Finance

Layer 2a: Managers

Layer 2b: Professionals

Currently, if I select Finance in the filter, it will show me data for Finance, Managers, and Professionals. I want it to only show me data for Finance and exclude data for Managers and Professionals. (This is assuming that even finance has its only data independent of managers and professionals). I do not want to have the user select FInance again as Layer 2c.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

try to add more elements like the chart type you're using, some screen shots, the expected output.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I essentially want a table output with just a filter. Below is the raw data. I'd like to have some sort of filter where if I select Finance, it will only show me the top two rows below. I would then have the option though to select Manager and Professional (like a drill down filter) and if I select Manager, it will only show me the third row of data below. Currently, if I select Finance, it will show me all four rows.

As a note, I need to keep the hierarchy to some extent so that the user can keep clicking down through the layers to get to the layer they need.

Capture.JPG

santho_ak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @EllenYama. Try adding a 'where' condition within the Data Load editor or 'Where' condition within the Drill down master item.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How would I add a where condition within the drill down master item? Any suggestions?

Thank you.