Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Average, Standard deviation, Confidence interval, ...

Hi guys !

I'm new to Qlik Sense, and i'm trying to develop an app.

One of my source data file has the same format as the one you will find attached to this message : 4 raws, the first with a category of product, the second with the type of product (can be the same type but not the same category), the third for the sales (whatever the unit is), and the fourth, the date of sale.

What I would like to do seems easy, but I couldn't find how to make it :

I need to calculate and display the average of sales per day, but making first the sub-total for each category.

I explain : for instance, the total of sales for category A and day 01/01/2010 is 50 (15+25+10)

for category B same day is 60 (30+20+10)

for category C same day 70 (20+20+30)

What I need to do is to calculate the average of sales for categories A B and C per day. For this example and the date 01/01/2010, it would be (50+60+70)/3 = 60. And so on for every days... and drawing the curve.

And the thing I was doing till now was calculating the average for day 01/01/2010 of each individual value (like (15+25+10+30+20+10+20+20+30) / 9 ) ... So not the same result at all ..

How should I do to perform my calculation ? You would help me so much guys !

Once this will be done, I'll have another problem of confidence interval :

I'll need to calculate the standard deviation between the total for categories A B and C per day (like for day 01/01/2010 : standard deviation between 50, 60 and 70, for the date 02/01/2010, standard deviation between [total category A at that day = 40] and [total category B at that date = 30] and [total category C at that date = 50] etc..), in order to display a 90% confidence interval around my average curve (of course my original data are way more complete than this example file, but the way to think is exactly the same).

So if you already have a clue for that as well ....

Thanks sooo much, waiting for your help !

Fab.

10 Replies
aditya_pratap
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @sunny_talwar ,

Can u pls share the qvf for this.

i have a same doubt but i am not able to solve .

Thanks

Aditya