Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santoshknc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Avoid "Store"/ "Write" of Tables/QVDs from QlikSense Hub in given library folder connection

Hi All,

We are working on standardisations across the enterprise level of QlikSense Server.

In this process we encountered a problem and need your help in the possible way.

We restricted the Users in the QS Hub to Folder connections what they are having access to and also we have given them only "Read" access to it.

What we observed is that if End user is having the Read access to the Folder connection also they can still use the "Store" command to writeback the tables and create the QVDs in the Folder.

Can canyone of you suggested how can we avoid this ?

gwassenaar‌ : Can you provide some inputs on this ?

Thanks,

Santosh Kumar.

5 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Santosh, I think that folder connection gives access to the user to read that item in QMC, but the real permissions in folder should be configured using OS permissions (Windows level).

I'm not an expert in this subject.

santoshknc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Ruben,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please elaborate what you mean by "real permissions in folder should be configured using OS permissions" ?

I believe that When we create  Folder conenctions in the QMC, we can give access to the Users to use this library conenction in the Hub, so that they can utilise QVDs or Exels or csvs as their Data sources.

For this we need not go to the Windows level i guess. Please clarify me if i spoke wrong.

Thanks,

Santosh Kumar.

rubenmarin

Now that you say... if reload is scheduled, the account that launches the services is used, but when executed manually I'm not sure wich credentials are used.

I think that having write access to the folder connection QMC item gives permissions to edit the item, but it's not related to permissions on write data in the folder.

santoshknc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Exactly, We have disabled the "Update" data connection option also for them.

Regarding the credentials used, we tested it and its using the Administrator credentials to save the file in the library cconnection when ran Reloaded manually the Qs app.

santoshknc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Anybody can provide some inputs on this ?