Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siddharthsoam
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Binary load qvw file with section access

Hi Team,

Hope you are doing well !!

I am unable to binary load qvw file with section access. I am receiving a general error. Tried to binary load after commenting the section access , worked fine.

I have admin access of the qvw file. 

Found similar post where it was told that the task was possible.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

i think your explanation was not clear enough.

So what you are trying to do is to load QlikView model from qvw file with section access using Binary load into QlikSense application... 

To be frank I have never had to do anything like this so will not know correct answer for sure. However you are proabbly right that NTNAME field cannot be recognised hence General script error.

Have you tried loading the model from QVW and doing one of the following:

• dropping section access table in load script and recreating it with supported fields in Qlik Sense script,
  • renaming NTNAME field  to USERID in Qlik Sense load script?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Document settings->Opening tab .... uncheck 'Prohibit binary load'

siddharthsoam
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Thanks for the reply !!

The Prohibit binary load is unchecked in the qvw file. I am able to binary load the same app in a new Qlikview application, but not able to  achieve the same in the qliksense application.

It works fine once i comment the section access code. 

This seems bit weird ..

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

binary load must the first statement in your script.

simply put binary load before your section access script!

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
siddharthsoam
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Lech,

Its the first statement yet its giving me the general error.

We use ntname in the section access code in qvw file. As we use userid in sense, Is there a possibility that when i binary load the qvw file in qliksense , the later is not interpreting it. Hence its showing the general script error.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

i think your explanation was not clear enough.

So what you are trying to do is to load QlikView model from qvw file with section access using Binary load into QlikSense application... 

To be frank I have never had to do anything like this so will not know correct answer for sure. However you are proabbly right that NTNAME field cannot be recognised hence General script error.

Have you tried loading the model from QVW and doing one of the following:

• dropping section access table in load script and recreating it with supported fields in Qlik Sense script,
  • renaming NTNAME field  to USERID in Qlik Sense load script?

siddharthsoam
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for the prompt reply !!

Yes it works perfectly when i comment the section access code in qvw file.

Is there a way to achieve this without doing any architectural changes. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I meant in qlik sense script have you tried anything like....

load binary from xyz.qvw;

rename field NTNAME to USERID;

siddharthsoam
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Lech,

Its not giving me an error this time but the data model is empty..

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So if there is a data model (there are tables with no data) but it is just empty it means that you need to properly configure section access in qliksense. seems like the user you are using is not configured in section access table. 

Or do you mean that there is no data model at all (no tables). 

If you would provide more clear descriptions of actions you are taking and screenshots of what you are doing like script, script execution progress, table viewer after reload etc.. it would be much easier to help you...