Skip to main content

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Welcome to Qlik Community! Check out our new navigation! FIND OUT MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexis
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Bookmarks - "sheet is missing" error in Qlik Sense SaaS

Hi

Recently did our first deployment for a client in the SaaS environment. After we went live the user requested some enhancement to their Qlik Sense application so I carried out that work and re-published the application. It turns out that all their private bookmarks are not woirking  - they get a "Sheet is missing - The sheet associated with this bookmark is missing" error

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alexis
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

After some experimenting I found the cause of the issue.
When I was making changes to each sheet, I was "Duplicating" the sheet, making the chages and then making the duplicated sheet "Public". This meant that I had both the original and the edited sheet in the group of "Public sheets so I was deleting the original and keeping the amended. 

It turns out that internally Qlik associates a bookmark with some kind of internal object ID instead of just the name of a sheet so although both the original and amended sheet had identical names, it was not recognising the new replaced sheet, hence the error.

The correct process of course (isn't hindsight wonderful) of making changes to a sheet is to make it "private" (from Public), make the changes and then make it "Public" again. When you are done you simply re-publish the application to the space that users have access to. This way all the bookmarks are retained and they work. Thought this might save someone lots of valuable time rebuilding their bookmarks as I just had to do for my client.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
alexis
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

After some experimenting I found the cause of the issue.
When I was making changes to each sheet, I was "Duplicating" the sheet, making the chages and then making the duplicated sheet "Public". This meant that I had both the original and the edited sheet in the group of "Public sheets so I was deleting the original and keeping the amended. 

It turns out that internally Qlik associates a bookmark with some kind of internal object ID instead of just the name of a sheet so although both the original and amended sheet had identical names, it was not recognising the new replaced sheet, hence the error.

The correct process of course (isn't hindsight wonderful) of making changes to a sheet is to make it "private" (from Public), make the changes and then make it "Public" again. When you are done you simply re-publish the application to the space that users have access to. This way all the bookmarks are retained and they work. Thought this might save someone lots of valuable time rebuilding their bookmarks as I just had to do for my client.