Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dushyant
Contributor III
Contributor III

Button within container - Qlik Sense

Hello,

I have used a container in my sheet wherein there are 4 pivot tables. Out of 4 pivot tables I have used conditional column show in one of the pivot table which has been linked to a button. Upton clicking the button the column appears and disappears as required which has been working fine.

Now, my client tells me that its confusing for him to understand on which chart in the container the button works for. Currently, I have kept the button on the top of the container.

Now I need a way to either put the button inside the container with the same pivot table where it works or if I the button can be hidden/unhidden when that tab in the container is selected or if the button can be greyed out.

Kindly assist.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
5 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

you can nest container within another container, so each table has a container with both field selection and pivot

so structure as follow

CONTAINER

-  SubContainer1 two rows /two columns

-  -  column 1, field selection button

-  -  column 2, pivot table

-  SubContainer2 two rows /two columns

-  -  column 1, field selection button

-  -  column 2, pivot table

and so on

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Dharanidharan_DD

Hi @dushyant 

I suggest you create 4 extra buttons to display each pivot table in that container.

in that 4 buttons 1 to display pivot with hidden columns and the button to show the hidden column.

The remaining 3 buttons show other pivot tables respectively.

so the hide and show button appear only along with that required table.

Dharanidharan_DD_0-1655968793520.png

dushyant
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vineeth!

I tried adding a container into the existing container but, its not letting me do it. It seems that they have restricted some charts from adding into a container box. 

dushyant
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Dharanidharan!

I understood how I can create the b1 button but how can I link b2, b3 and b4 to the other normal tables such that, on clicking the button the tabs of the container change to their respective table.

Dharanidharan_DD

Hi @dushyant Create a variable vChart (possible values 1 2)

use the action in buttons to set the variable

- first button set the variable 1, 2nd to 2 respectively 

in chart properties of every chart use conditional show

- first chart: show only when vChart = 1

- 2nd when vChart = 2