Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rnorris
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Can we hide the 'Personal' streams?

We provide apps in Qlik Sense to external customers, and want them on connecting to the hub, to ONLY see those streams which we have permissioned them to. We never want them to see the 'Personal' streams, 'Work' and 'Published'. 

Is this possible? 

Removing the 'CreateApp' permission from users is kind of useless, since it leaves everything visible, and even lets you try and create a new app asking for a name, but then fails with an ambiguous error message, which is probably worse. 

I think in the meantime I'll look into changing the CSS to hide the personal streams with a dirty hack.

I've also just noticed that all users can link to the DevHub by default, which I would also like to (but doubt I can) remove.  Is this possible at all?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

I would recommend your external customer connect to a node with it's purpose set to Production.

This will ensure they do not have any CreateApp permission, and will not see My Work or Published if they do not own any apps.

You cannot remove DevHub, but if you are handling external customers, you could use an external product to do URL filtering and ensure that the DevHub is not accessable externally.

View solution in original post

rnorris
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

In case anyone else has  a similar problem (which I would have thought would be every single OEM user?) you can indeed do this with CSS, it's not too complex. For us, we grant access via a separate portal that issues a link to a specific stream. We then disable the personal streams from showing via CSS, and when I need to use them I can just log in to the default hub address, by default the personal work stream is shown. (I just can't select it from the list of streams if I navigate away). 

We removed that hamburger menu at the top left entirely, again with CSS.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

I would recommend your external customer connect to a node with it's purpose set to Production.

This will ensure they do not have any CreateApp permission, and will not see My Work or Published if they do not own any apps.

You cannot remove DevHub, but if you are handling external customers, you could use an external product to do URL filtering and ensure that the DevHub is not accessable externally.

rnorris
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

In case anyone else has  a similar problem (which I would have thought would be every single OEM user?) you can indeed do this with CSS, it's not too complex. For us, we grant access via a separate portal that issues a link to a specific stream. We then disable the personal streams from showing via CSS, and when I need to use them I can just log in to the default hub address, by default the personal work stream is shown. (I just can't select it from the list of streams if I navigate away). 

We removed that hamburger menu at the top left entirely, again with CSS.