Qlik Community

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
QlikWorld online is next week! REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TBQlikNewbi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Count/List of Dates in current fiscal year/quarter

I have a fact table (Activity), and a TimeDimension table.  I need a list and then a count of all the sundays in the current fiscal year in my app.  Currently, I have the following formula:

=Count (Aggr( Only( { <ActivityDate={">=$(=Timestamp(YearStart(Now(), 0,11)))<=$(=Timestamp(YearEnd(Now(),0,11)))"}> * <ActivityDate= {"=num(weekday(ActivityDate))=0"}> } ActivityDate), ActivityDate))

However, this only gets me Sundays that are in the Activity table, because it is associated to the TimeDimension table by a common field, ActivityDate.  When I change this so that TimeDimension is a stand alone table and not associated with Activity, the formula just hangs indefinitely.   ???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TBQlikNewbi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Changed expression to this, and now is OK with free standing table:

=Count ({ <the_date={">=$(=Timestamp(YearStart(Now(), 0,11)))<=$(=Timestamp(Now()))"}> * <the_date= {"=num(weekday(the_date))=0"}> } the_date)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TBQlikNewbi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Changed expression to this, and now is OK with free standing table:

=Count ({ <the_date={">=$(=Timestamp(YearStart(Now(), 0,11)))<=$(=Timestamp(Now()))"}> * <the_date= {"=num(weekday(the_date))=0"}> } the_date)