Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III

Create a Calculated Pareto Dimension for a Pie Chart

Hello all! I have a dataset that is as follows:

Vendor       Sales    Type

A              1300        C

B              2200        N

A              1400        N

B              2100        N

C              2500        C

A              300          N

C              900          C

D              3200        N

B              2000        C

D              1500        C

E              1100        N

F              3500        C

E              1500        C

G              1400        N

H              600          C

H              900          N

G             1200         C

Now I would like to create a Calculated dimension to use in a Pie chart. The Pie chart should have the Dimensions as 'C' and 'N Top 80%'. To further break it down, I'd like to show the % of Sales coming under the Type C and % of Sales coming under the Top 80%(Pareto) Vendors in Type N. Can you please help me create a calculated dimension to achieve this? TIA!

16 Replies
mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No. I would like to display the same pie chart but this time only for the data which comes under Bottom 20% Pareto in Type1='M'. Thanks!

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to provide the expected output just like you did the last time.

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

1.I'd like to perform a Pareto analysis on the above dataset with Type1='M'. So the data set reduces to:

Vendor       Sales    Type    Type1

A              1300        C           M

A              1400        N           M

B              2100        N           M

A              300          N           M

C              900          C           M

D              3200        N           M

F              3500        C           M

E              1500        C          M

H              600          C         M

G             1200         C         M

If you perform Pareto analysis on this data set, you'll see that Vendors C,E,G and H fall under the Bottom 20% Category. So, our data set now will be:

C              900          C           M

E              1500        C          M

H              600          C         M

G             1200         C         M

Now on this data set I'd like to show the above mentioned pie chart with split according to 'C' or 'Top 80% N' In this case, it should display 100% Under 'C'.

sunny_talwar

Something like this

Pick(ValueList(1, 2),

Sum(Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(

Sum({<Vendor = {"=Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))>0.8, Sum({<Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc))) > 0"}, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/

Sum({<Vendor = {"=Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))>0.8, Sum({<Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc))) > 0"}, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales), 0,RowNo())) <= 0.8,

Sum({<Vendor = {"=Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))>0.8, Sum({<Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc))) > 0"}, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)),

(Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor= {"=Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))>0.8, Sum({<Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc))) > 0"}, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc)))),

Sum({<Vendor = {"=Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))>0.8, Sum({<Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc))) > 0"}, Type = {'C'}, Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales))

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Whoa! That looks so complicated! But it works I guess! Thanks a lot again! It's going to take a while for me to figure out how this expression works I guess! Thanks a lot Sunny! I have learnt something new and really useful again!

sunny_talwar

I guess breaking it down might help...where I have repeated this set analysis multiple times

{<Vendor = {"=Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))>0.8, Sum({<Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc))) > 0"}, Type = {'C'}, Type1 = {'M'}>}

and the important part was that you only wanted vendors which were bottom 20% in Type1, which is this part

Vendor = {"=Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))>0.8, Sum({<Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc))) > 0"}

To see how this behave, create a table with Vendor as dimension and this expression

=Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))>0.8, Sum({<Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc)))

You will only see C,E,H,G have value greater than 0.

sreelathamohan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello Sunny,

I have a similar requirement just that mine is a bar chart and I want to show all the bars with their respective dimension values that contribute to top 80% and aggregate 81%-100% as "Others" for the last dimension bar. Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please see attached for an example of how my bar chart should look like.

Thanks.