Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samanehsorournejad

Diffrent between Qlik view and Qlik Sense

Hi every Body,
I have a Question, I try to create the report in Qlik Sense that previously created in Qlik view.
The problem is that the Show Partial Sum in Qlik view does not give me the same number as Total option in Pivot table in Qlik sense. Please guide me.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, looks like QlikView is showing the max value, and Qlik sense is doing a Sum of values, are you using the same expresssion?

Default pivot table doen't have an option the select what ling of total you want, it uses the same expression as any other row.

Id each Veranstaltung and previous dimensions has only one value, you can use Max() instead of Sum()

If you nee d asum beacuse there are many value, you can try with dimesnionality() like:

If(Dimensionality()>6, Sum(Values), Max(Aggr(Sum(Values),Dim1FieldName,Dim2FieldName...Dim5FieldName)

So form Veranstaltung it does the sum of values, and the previous dimensions uses the max value calculated for each Veranstaltung.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, looks like QlikView is showing the max value, and Qlik sense is doing a Sum of values, are you using the same expresssion?

Default pivot table doen't have an option the select what ling of total you want, it uses the same expression as any other row.

Id each Veranstaltung and previous dimensions has only one value, you can use Max() instead of Sum()

If you nee d asum beacuse there are many value, you can try with dimesnionality() like:

If(Dimensionality()>6, Sum(Values), Max(Aggr(Sum(Values),Dim1FieldName,Dim2FieldName...Dim5FieldName)

So form Veranstaltung it does the sum of values, and the previous dimensions uses the max value calculated for each Veranstaltung.

Samanehsorournejad
Author

Hi and tanks to answer,

the second part of your formula I had understand yes it should be  Max(Aggr(Sum(Values),Dim1FieldName,Dim2FieldName...Dim5FieldName) but why I should use Dimensionality() and why bigger than 6?

could you please explain me why Dimensionality()>6?

*just for info : I have generally 9 Dimension.

thanks in Advanced

rubenmarin

Hi, you can add a measure with just Dimensionality() and check how it evaluates for each dimension.  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/In...

Another option could be using count of Veranstaltung, like:

If(Count(Distinct Veranstaltung)>1, Max(Aggr(...)), Sum(...))