Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narayanaqlik
Creator
Creator

Dimension should be changed based dynamically how in Qliksense?

Hi All,

i am using dynamic dimensions in my charts of Pie chart, Bar chart, Line chart 

could you please any one guide me here

I am using like this 

varEntitySelection=GetFieldSelections(EntityLevel) ,(EntityLevel has contain Project, Country, Vendor, Trial)

Pick(1 + FieldIndex('FieldName',$(varEntitySelection)),Default Dimension(ProjectName), ProjectName, CountryName, VendorName,TrialName)

here all dimensions doesnot have values as of now but ProjectName, SupplierName, TrialName have the values but t is not pickupping the respective dimension value 

The Pie chart dsplaying error like "The chart is not displayed because it contains negative or zero values"

Please give the good expression or how to approach here

Thanks a lot 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
narayanaqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny for reply,

Here i have 5 categories i need to display all 5 categories over all data in first page, it should be dynamically changed based on selections 

here i have created one listbox by taking all 5 categories in that listbox. for that here i have created 5 pie charts and Gauge charts one chart foe each and place in a container object to display based on the Category selection. by default should show on category(Project)

But my client don't want use that many object like one object for one category, use one object and place all the Expressions and Dimensions in the same single object based on the selections Expressions and Dimensions should be changed but use Qlik functions not IF statements.

for that i have used Pick and FieldIndex functions 

varEntitySelection=GetFieldSelections(EntityLevel).

Expression:Pick(1 + FieldIndex('EntityFieldName',$(varEntitySelection) ),'Others(DefaultExpression)','ProjectExpression','CountryExpression','SupplierExpression','Trial Expression')

Note: Expressions are not mentioned in quotes

Dimention: Pick(1 + FieldIndex(EntityFieldName,$(varEntitySelection)),ProjectDimension,ProjectDimension,CountryDimension,SupplierDimension,TrialDimention)

So i am using this but here Dimentions are not pickuping properly , When i mention two dimentions then it is working fine when i mention all dimensions it is not working here Country dimension doesn't have any values as of now

I think you will get my point.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample where we can see the issue?

narayanaqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Dimension : =Pick(1 + FieldIndex('EntityLevel',$(varEntitySelection)),PRI_STATUS_NAME1,PRI_STATUS_NAME1,CRI_STATUS_NAME1,SUPPLIER_ISSUE.STATUS_NAME,Trial_STATUS_NAME)

Expression : Pick(1+ FieldIndex('EntityLevel',$(varEntitySelection)),
Pick(1 + FieldIndex('Type',$(varTypeSelection)),Count({<PRI_TYPE={"*"}>}PRI_ID),Count({<PRI_TYPE={"RISK"}>}PRI_ID),Count({<PRI_TYPE={"ISSUE"}>}PRI_ID),Count({<PRI_TYPE={"*"}>}PRI_ID)),
Pick(1 + FieldIndex('Type',$(varTypeSelection)),Count({<PRI_TYPE={"*"}>}PRI_ID),Count({<PRI_TYPE={"RISK"}>}PRI_ID),Count({<PRI_TYPE={"ISSUE"}>}PRI_ID),Count({<PRI_TYPE={"*"}>}PRI_ID)),
Pick(1 + FieldIndex('Type',$(varTypeSelection)),Count({<CRI_TYPE={"*"}>}COUNTRY_RISK_ISSUE_ID),Count({<CRI_TYPE={"RISK"}>}COUNTRY_RISK_ISSUE_ID),Count({<CRI_TYPE={"ISSUE"}>}COUNTRY_RISK_ISSUE_ID),Count({<CRI_TYPE={"*"}>}COUNTRY_RISK_ISSUE_ID)),
Pick(1 + FieldIndex('Type',$(varTypeSelection)),Count({<SUPPLIER_ISSUE.TYPE={"*"}>}EDO_SUPPLIER_ISSUE_ID),Count({<SUPPLIER_ISSUE.TYPE={"RISK"}>}EDO_SUPPLIER_ISSUE_ID),Count({<SUPPLIER_ISSUE.TYPE={"ISSUE"}>}EDO_SUPPLIER_ISSUE_ID),Count({<SUPPLIER_ISSUE.TYPE={"*"}>}EDO_SUPPLIER_ISSUE_ID)),
Pick(1 + FieldIndex('Type',$(varTypeSelection)),Count({<[TYPE]={"*"}>}TRIAL_RISK.ID),Count({<[TYPE]={"RISK"}>}TRIAL_RISK.ID),Count({<[TYPE]={"ISSUE"}>}TRIAL_RISK.ID),Count({<[TYPE]={"*"}>}TRIAL_RISK.ID))

Thanks Sunny for your response

Here i am using one inline field for filtering purpose i.e "EntityLevel" values are, Project, Country,Supplier,Trial

varEntitySelection=GetFieldSelections(EntityLevel);

varTypeSelection=GetFieldSelections(Type); Type:Risks, Issues,Both

so When we click on the one entity it should display bydefault both or entitylevel and Risks or Issues

PRI_STATUS_NAME1,CRI_STATUS_NAME1.. all these are Dimensions for corresponding selections of entitys 

Please give good Expression

sunny_talwar

I don't think I am able to understand.

narayanaqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny for reply,

Here i have 5 categories i need to display all 5 categories over all data in first page, it should be dynamically changed based on selections 

here i have created one listbox by taking all 5 categories in that listbox. for that here i have created 5 pie charts and Gauge charts one chart foe each and place in a container object to display based on the Category selection. by default should show on category(Project)

But my client don't want use that many object like one object for one category, use one object and place all the Expressions and Dimensions in the same single object based on the selections Expressions and Dimensions should be changed but use Qlik functions not IF statements.

for that i have used Pick and FieldIndex functions 

varEntitySelection=GetFieldSelections(EntityLevel).

Expression:Pick(1 + FieldIndex('EntityFieldName',$(varEntitySelection) ),'Others(DefaultExpression)','ProjectExpression','CountryExpression','SupplierExpression','Trial Expression')

Note: Expressions are not mentioned in quotes

Dimention: Pick(1 + FieldIndex(EntityFieldName,$(varEntitySelection)),ProjectDimension,ProjectDimension,CountryDimension,SupplierDimension,TrialDimention)

So i am using this but here Dimentions are not pickuping properly , When i mention two dimentions then it is working fine when i mention all dimensions it is not working here Country dimension doesn't have any values as of now

I think you will get my point.

narayanaqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

The above Expressions are fine 

But here we are using FieldIndex() Function so whatever the values we are passing as parameters all should have the values don't pass null or Zero , without values parameters , if we can pass like that (null values ) then the FieldIndex() function doesn't generate any value.

ForEXample: Country i have passed as a parameter but it doesn't have any values that is the reason it will not generate the values.