Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benwashburne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Display all values in stacked bar chart

cri

Hi Carmen,

I was wondering if you had any insights as to whether or not this functionality was still on Qlik's to-do list?

For reference, please see this thread:

https://community.qlikview.com/thread/255816

marcus_sommer

Do you have any clever workarounds?

Best,

Ben

Labels (1)
  • Chart

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

In general it would be nice to have more / more flexible options to position/size/layout datapoints, values, legends and so on but I'm not sure if it would be very helpful to show really each value of a chart and especially by a stacked bar-chart because it's in general rather difficult to read.

I know it's often a requirement from the users but if you couldn't understand the meaning behind the bars with one (or maybe a few ones) glance else you need to have a more intense view and reading all the values to comprehend the data it's IMO the wrong visualization and you need a different chart or maybe a table for it.

An alternatively might be to use several objects which are placed beside and/or overlapping each other (it's quite easy in View but in Sense rather not) to create a customized and sensible visualization. The following posting isn't directly related to your question but the idea behind it might be helpful for you: Use of a Silent Legend.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

In general it would be nice to have more / more flexible options to position/size/layout datapoints, values, legends and so on but I'm not sure if it would be very helpful to show really each value of a chart and especially by a stacked bar-chart because it's in general rather difficult to read.

I know it's often a requirement from the users but if you couldn't understand the meaning behind the bars with one (or maybe a few ones) glance else you need to have a more intense view and reading all the values to comprehend the data it's IMO the wrong visualization and you need a different chart or maybe a table for it.

An alternatively might be to use several objects which are placed beside and/or overlapping each other (it's quite easy in View but in Sense rather not) to create a customized and sensible visualization. The following posting isn't directly related to your question but the idea behind it might be helpful for you: Use of a Silent Legend.

- Marcus