cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Display employees if 1 condition is met

First post, hoping for some help here.

Currently, I have a situation where employees have 3 stages of expense submission (A,B,C). in a stacked bar chart.  My task is to allow the user to filter employees based on whether employees have C, without filtering the bar down to being just data for C. (e.g. if you have C, great, let me see the full bar for those meeting that criteria so I can compare it to a maximum reference line)

So if Person 1 has expense A and B and

Person 2 has A, B, C, and

Person 3 has A and C, 

I need a way to display the entire bar for Person 2  (A,B,C) and Person 3 (A, C)  so I can still compare to my maximum reference line and remove Person 1 completely.

Currently, if I filter on C, I just get the values for C and lose the AB portion, making my maximum reference line useless. 

The other approach was to manually select those with C to filter down to just those employees but the employee list will grow.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
  • Chart

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can use the "possible" P() element function to select persons only if they have any EXPENSE in the C category:

Sum( { < PERSON = P({<EXPENSE={'C'}>}) > } AMOUNT )

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Petter,

Thank you for the response.  Quick question,

Would this go in the filter? Or is this the code I would use in my measure section of the chart?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Edit:

Petter,  Set analysis is getting me closer.  However, your code totaled all expenses for the person, so long as they had expense 1 stage C.  C is a [Stage] in submission for an expense. 

I have tried this and it is getting me closer

Sum({1}If([Expense]='1',[Amount])

as my measure for the bar chart

and [Stage] as my filter. 

Now I need the bar chart to remove all people that don't have the selected filter [Stage], while keeping the full bar (stage A,B,C) for those that remain.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It was meant as a measure.