Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manuel174102
Creator
Creator

Display only some information in a Line Chart but add information with filters when I want

Hello everyone

So I have a line chart which is displaying information of 7 categories.

I only want to display at all times the information of two of them, but I want to be able to add the other categories when I want, through a filter. How could I do that?

The field name is Order Type, and the categories I want to show are Service and Delivery.

thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Manuel,

That is very strange, as I tested on my side and I don't get the error, and it worked for me. 

Are you applying the logic in the visualization? If so, are you using QlikView or Qlik Sense? Not sure if that really matters as I believe QlikView would still work.

Luiz

View solution in original post

5 Replies
luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Manuel,

One way of accomplishing that is using the expression below. I personally don't like IF statements, as they can affect performance, however, I couldn't find another yet. Let me know if that works for you.

If(GetSelectedCount([Order Type])>0,
Count(distinct {$<[Order Type]+={'Service','Delivery'}>} [Measure]),
Count(distinct {$<[Order Type]={'Service','Delivery'}>} [Measure]))

The solution I found was adding the modifier '+' to add the the 2 values as the default selected values.

Cheers,

Luiz

Manuel174102
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Luiz,

Thanks for answering. 

It is not working out. 

I get the following message : Error in expression: Nested aggregation not allowed. 

Greetings,

Manuel

luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Manuel,

That is very strange, as I tested on my side and I don't get the error, and it worked for me. 

Are you applying the logic in the visualization? If so, are you using QlikView or Qlik Sense? Not sure if that really matters as I believe QlikView would still work.

Luiz

Manuel174102
Creator
Creator
Author

I finally just set a default bookmark. 

I thank you for helpimg me out. Prob it is not working cuz I am new and still learning!

luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

I am glad you found a solution.

Keep in mind that as a bookmark, people can still deselect the default 2 values. With that logic, anytime you make a selection, the default values will always be selected.

Cheers,

Luiz