cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rponichtera
Contributor
Contributor

Display results from a value anywhere in the field

This is my problem. I have a field that is called service. Within this field you can have multiple services or a single service.  What I would like to do is using a list box, to let a user select a service name, have the results display all instances of the service no matter where the service lands in the service field. 

For Example:

Record 1 , Service C :: Record 2, Service A, C :: Record 3, Service A, B, C :: Record 4 , Service C, D :: Record 5, Service D, E 

Now using wildmatch on the list I have created to get each service name as an individual record when I select Service C the visualization return Records 1 and 4 but I what I would like is for the selection of Service C to return Records 1, 2, 3 and 4. 

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Often it's useful to split the data within the script into extra records. This could be done with something like:

t: load recno() as RecNo, subfield(Service, '+') as Service inline [
Service
a+c
b
d+c
];

- Marcus

rponichtera
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am doing that. The problem is when I create the list box I just want to see individual service name in the list and for the selection of C bring up all C records no matter where in the service name field they appear.