Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrromito
Contributor II
Contributor II

Dynamic Default Bookmark with 'Always one selected value'

Is it possible to set dynamic default bookmarks with 'always one selected value' on a field?  For example, in a date field set to a variable with current fiscal period.  =DateField=$(vCurrentFiscalPeriod) works well when always one selected value is not set for field, but does not work at all when set for field using this method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFyqOigqnUw.

Is there a way to achieve this without using extensions?  I'd like to avoid installing 3rd party extensions without support as they may not work with upgrades.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

Sadly no - you won't be able to manipulate it directly with bookmarks unless you set up alternate states and set up bookmarks for those alternate states.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

Sadly no - you won't be able to manipulate it directly with bookmarks unless you set up alternate states and set up bookmarks for those alternate states.
OlliK
Contributor
Contributor

Did you manage to do this with alternate states?

I have the same problem as you. I have an app where I need to have one year selected, but I also want to dynamically set the latest year by default.

I looked into alternate states, but they seem to be designed to be used for grouping up some filters with visuals, and I don't see how they can be used to solve this problem.

ni_avoss
Creator
Creator

facing the same problem.

any help welcome

jrromito
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I went another route with this by enabling multiple selections and making charts conditional to one selected.  Not as desirable, but accomplishes the goal.

robin_heijt
Creator
Creator

Did you ever manage to find a more decent solution for this? I am facing with the same issue.

Cheers

Digvijay_Singh

anyone got better alternative?

It used to work for us, not 100% but after upgrade to June 2020 we don't see latest month when data is refreshed.

I have bookmark created using this expression in the filter pane -  =[Month Year]=Max({1} total [Month Year])

eero_h
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Solution which works for me is to create a bookmark expression: =Only({1}Year) = Max({1}TOTAL Year). This way the expression ignores the selected Year value and picks the actual max Year. It is important to create the dynamic bookmark before changing the field setting to Always one selected value, otherwise the bookmark will evaluate the expression and bookmark will be static.

PärStjernberg
Contributor
Contributor

Tanks for the tip @eero_h. It works fine. 

jda_bryan
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Yes.  This solution did the trick for me too.  Fantastic suggestion.  Thank you.