Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amen90
Contributor
Contributor

FIlter selections to change column dimension

Hi Everyone,

I am currently working with pivot tables (to be changed to a chart) and want a dimension to change based on the category selected within the filter in the view option. Doing it this way would allow me to create one chart that is dynamic rather than 5 separate charts. For example;

• Category 'A' selected in view filter > changes underlying data for columns in my pivot table to "B"> data displayed in chart
  • Category 'X' selected in view filter > changes underlying data for columns in my pivot table to "Y"> data displayed in chart

Not sure if this is possible, looked around a bit and not really able find a solution to link a filter that will change pivot columns based on the filter. Look forward to hearing back!

Kind regards,

Amen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Amen,

Please try below expression in pivot (chart) table dimension .

if(GetFieldSelections(Category )='A',B,if(GetFieldSelections(Category )='X',Y,B))

Note: Default data will show for column B 

Let me know if your not clear.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Amen,

Please try below expression in pivot (chart) table dimension .

if(GetFieldSelections(Category )='A',B,if(GetFieldSelections(Category )='X',Y,B))

Note: Default data will show for column B 

Let me know if your not clear.

Amen90
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you so much this worked well for me! Do you know if the same  can be done for dimensions created within master items?

Kind regards,