Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Federico_Rizzello
Partner - Contributor III

Function OSUser() alternative on Qlik Sense Mobile

Hi to all,

I'm trying to identify the current logged user in my app. My goal is to show a welcome message like "Hello Federico". I'm basing this on the function OSUser(), using subfield to get the current UserId.

The problem is that OSUser() on Qlik Sense Mobile doesn't work as in QSE:

OSUser

This function returns a string containing the name of the user that is currently connected. It can be used in both the data load script and in a chart expression.

OSUser( )

Note:In Qlik Sense Desktop and Qlik Sense Mobile, this function always returns 'Personal\Me'.

Is there a workaround to get the current userId in Qlik Sense Mobile? Is there any other alternative to identify my user by login?

Thanks for any advice. Have a nice day

- FR

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I'm not aware of any function that will present the username for you, but you could solve this by section access. Creating a data island table containing the user name and then setup a section access reduction on that table. Leaving every user with only one Field value, the user name. Then you could just use the expression =only([user name]) to fetch the user name in the gui. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I'm not aware of any function that will present the username for you, but you could solve this by section access. Creating a data island table containing the user name and then setup a section access reduction on that table. Leaving every user with only one Field value, the user name. Then you could just use the expression =only([user name]) to fetch the user name in the gui. 

Federico_Rizzello
Author

Hi Vegar, nice workaround! I'll try as soon as possible. Thanks for your help, it was much appreciated.

Best wishes.

FR