Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicolasAimain1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Get Zoom level and center of displayed area in maps

Hi everybody,

I'm wondering if there's a way to get the "debug info" in a map to use it in an expression

I wanted to test the display level in an expression as I have several layer in my map and some don't appears at level 19 or 20

By the way I also wanted to create a button which open googlemaps with the center of the map (not the center of my selection, i already have it). The debug information has all the information I require but I don't know how to get it 

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Bi PreSales Consultant
DIMO Software
Labels (1)
3 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

In the Presentation properties you can turn on Debug Info which will show you the current Zoom level in your map.

MapPresentation.png

Be sure to check the Layer Display for each of your mapping layers. It could be that they are still set to show at all zoom levels

LayerDisplay.png

Or you have configured layers to start display only at a certain zoom level, but have a setting that then turns off at a certain level as well. In the below image I only display counties at zoom levels 4-14, but at 15 it would disappear. 

LayerDisplay2.png

NicolasAimain1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the answer but I already know and use this debug info in this way

My question was to extract these information in a way i could use it in an expression, for example to create a link in googlemaps using the center of my Qlik sense maps and the zoom level like this
https://www.google.com/maps/place/48.858371,2.2939341/@48.858371,2.2939341,21z/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/<center_of_maps>/@<center  of maps>,<zoom_level>z/

Bi PreSales Consultant
DIMO Software
tman
Contributor
Contributor

Did you have any luck with this?

I am also interested in retreiving the mapchart debug center coordinates.

thanks

T