Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google Analytics with rest connector

Hi,

I just made a connection with google analytics with the help of rest connector . The dimension and measure i ave used while connection are:

dimensions=ga:mobileDeviceInfo,ga:source

metrics=ga:sessions,ga:pageviews,ga:sessionDuration

Now I have received two tables in Qlik sense , One contains two columns dimensions value and name.

Second contains: measure name and values.

Now point here is there is no connection between them ,no keys. So can you please tell me what exactly I am missing.

Second I made connection one day before today i try to connect it showing error , so i need to again do all connectivity. how to make connection so I don't need to follow the same path again.

Please explain in details and step wise.

This is on urgent basis.

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Rohit,

I'm not going to address the token thing, since I've got that attempted discussion going elsewhere. However, on the data format question, I think that's likely to be solved by diving into Google's Core Reporting API (What Is The Core Reporting API - Overview  |  Analytics Core Reporting API  |  Google Developers). You're going to have to decide ahead of time exactly what data you want (dims and metrics) and exactly what format, then you'll have to write the query yourself. Barring outliers, Qlik Community is unlikely to be the forum to which you're going to want to reach out in order to get that particular problem solved.

Personally, if I end up going down that route I will likely abandon the REST Connector and instead write the GA local import in python using the Core Reporting API mentioned above. Then I'd be free to build it into a format Qlik Sense is happy with and then set up a folder data connection or something. But this is now adding layers to the cake and I'm not convinced it's a worthy use of my time.

Now, I haven't spent a lot of time with this, but I think that would be my personal plan of attack. Remember also I likely won't go down that road, as this whole thing is meant to save me time and let me focus my development efforts elsewhere, rather than add to the headache. Good luck.