Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikMaster1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Having Reloads Generated by a Reload button run on one of the scheduling nodes instead of the consumer

Hi All,

I have read many posts in the past on here and answered a few queries others have put up, but wanted to ask one myself.

That being using either the Reload Button extension found on Qlik Branch or using the Qlik included reload button functionality, is there a way to have the reload that is triggered in the background run on one of the schedulers instead of the Consumer node itself, as the schedulers have been specified for the tasks where the consumer nodes for more down to handle traffic.

Originally I had assume these end user trigger reload via the button would register a reload on one of the reload schedulers we have instead of the consumer node, in the similar way that when you trigger a reload via the tasks schedule in the qmc this runs on one of the schedulers depending on load etc.

Would assume it is possible and just a load config rule for the consumer boxes not to run these tasks on themselves, but pass over the task.

The consumer nodes have the following services running on them currently :

QRS

QES

QPS

Similar we also noticed that when your an admin or dev and have the ability to create, delete and modify apps and see the load editor, that the load editor will refresh the data when the script is run as one of the consumer nodes when using the dns alias that is set on our netscallers to pass in your (load balance) traffic on to one of other of the consumer nodes.

I know we can run it on the central node, if we reference the machine name, but just wondered why in both cases the reload duties are not passed over the scheduler boxes in a multi node config instead of utilising the lighter resource boxes instead.

Thanks

David

0 Replies