Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Derek_T
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to connect multiple tables with the same Key

Hi !

I'm new to Qlik and using the Script Editor to import data and connect tables.
I have several tables with the same ID:

Table 1: ID
Table 2: ID
Table 3: ID

I'd like to connect to connect Table 2, 3... to Table 1 using ID. 
But Qlik creating the link automatically how do I avoid creating link between tables 2 and 3... ?

I could always have duplicate columns ID in Table 1 (one for each of the other tables) but that does not seem like a very clean solution.

Thanks !

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Qlik Sense will associate all data based on field names. As long you have the same field name in the three you will have an association between your tables 

If the ID is the same ID in the three, then it might not be a bit issue connecting the three. If you still need to separately the three then you could consider renaming the fields.

Table1: Load ID as ID2, ID as ID3, ... From T1;

Table2: Load ID as ID2, ... From T2;

Table3: Load ID as ID3, ... From T3;

Derek_T
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, so if I understand correctly you don't have a choice but duplicating the reference column in the "Master" table to use unique ID name for each tables.

In the case of a Master Calendar for instance I would have:
Date, Date Table1, Date Table2, Date Table3... so each of the tables (1,2,3...) connect to the Master Calendar without creating link between each others.

I'm just going to keep the question open for while see f other suggestions come in. 

Thanks !

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The classic way to approach the multiple Date > MasterCalendar issue is to use a link table. See

Qlikview Cookbook: Tutorial - Using Common Date Dimensions https://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/tutorial-using-common-date-dimensions/

-Rob

Derek_T
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks ! I'm still new to Qlik and we use company licences, so I cannot necessarily upload file downloaded on internet , would you have an example of the kind of script used to build such a connection please ?