Skip to main content

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2023, a live, in-person thrill ride. Save $400 before Dec 31st: REGISTER NOW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BTIZAG_OA
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to find if value exist before in date column

Hello all,

i need help with this kind of expression.

I have table like this,

key,name,vendor,host,date, ... columns (key is created with name&'|'&vendor&'|'&host)

i have to show new records on table, but not if name is avaible in older date.

in order this i check max(date) and max(date,2)  and flag records on key field if its current on maxdate and not current on maxdate2.

now on the table object i need to show new records. But i cant make it, not show if NAME vlaue exists on older date. qlik not let me use exist() func. on table object.

i tried this expression =If (flag=1 and aggr(Count({1}date),name) =1,name,null()) to get it but it miss some data like this example.

if same name on the same maxdate(same name value can be on different host) makes it date count more than 1 and miss this row on the table. How can i achieve to show new records on table object while, exclude if name value exits on older date? 😞

2 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@BTIZAG_OA  not sure I am following that. Please share sample data with expected output

BTIZAG_OA
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author