Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottduthie
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

How to 'publish' an automation and remove from personal space

Hi Community,

Does anyone know how we should be managing 'automations' once built and deployed?

It looks like they save to your Personal space by default - is there a way to move or 'publish' them to a shared space? Ideally I'd like to have a space dedicated to hosting all our automations. I may have built the automation, but other users will need to monitor and edit them once deployed.

Also - once scheduled, which user is 'running' the automation? For example: I have an automation that reloads an app, but I do not have access to that app due to section access, so the automation fails at this step. How do we get the automation to be run by a 'service account' who has access to everything? (I realize there are no service accounts in SaaS). Do you need to create a new account that has access to everything, and then log in as this account to set up administrative things like automations?

Thanks,

Scott.

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @scottduthie,

It is not possible to share to add automation to shared or managed space as of now. Please tag it under our Ideation page.

Confirmed on our helpsite: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Admin/mc-managing-automa...

Thanks!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @scottduthie,

It is not possible to share to add automation to shared or managed space as of now. Please tag it under our Ideation page.

Confirmed on our helpsite: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Admin/mc-managing-automa...

Thanks!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!