Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
megglerock
Contributor II
Contributor II

Ignore a filter for the dimension colouring my graph

Hello,

I have a stacked bar graph that I am trying to get to ignore a filter on a different field. It has this formula normally:

count({<[Report Period]={'Rolling 30 Days'}>}[Broker Reference])

/count(total <Brand> {<[Report Period]={'Rolling 30 Days'}>} [Broker Reference])

which gives this graph:

Stacked Bar no filter.PNG

However if I ignore any filters on the dimension Lapsed By using this formula

count({<[Report Period]={'Rolling 30 Days'},[Lapsed By]=>}[Broker Reference])

/count(total <Brand> {<[Report Period]={'Rolling 30 Days'},[Lapsed By]=>} [Broker Reference])

and then filter on a Lapsed By value the graph still shows the normal split but greys out segments that don't relate to this agent:

Stacked Bar with filter.PNG

Is there a way to stop these from greying out? I am assuming it is because my second dimension that is colouring the graph is still being filtered on my Lapsed By selection, but don't know how to stop this.

Any solutions would be much appreciated!

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

You might be using an expression for color as well... in order to make sure that the colors don't go away, ignore  Lapsed By in your color expression also

megglerock
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I am using an expression for colour: by dimension [Reason], but as this is a dimension not a measure I don't know how to make it ignore Lapsed By ..

sunny_talwar

Something like this

Only({1} Reason)

megglerock
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sorry, I'm trying to colour using a dimension not an expression, so can't use the Only() function as it's aggregate. If I change to colour using an expression and try this formula nothing gets coloured at all.

sunny_talwar

I am not sure what you have, but may be omarbensalem‌ can help here

Qlik87
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Did you get to the bottom of this, I've the same thing happening, the colours are ranked correctly but only show on on the dimension that is max for that category?