Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demetriuscesar1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Is there a bug in the Qlik Sense February 2021 in Section Access?

We just installed Qlik Sense February 2021 version and we are facing a issue, "Access Denied" when we open an app with section access and data reduction... Is anyone else having this problem?

As I read that in this new version has an update about "Improvements for data security and section access",  I believe it has impacted our programming... but... how to open this app to make some changes in script if we are not able to open it? 🤔

Notes:
1) We were able to open the published app before the update;
2) With the same app, without any change, after the update, we are not able to open it anymore.

2 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @demetriuscesar1 

I'm not aware of any issues with Section Access in the version mentioned above, by any chance have you confirmed with your internal team that no changes were made to the script on this application that might be causing the issue?

Could it be possible that you test the same application on the previous Qlik Sense version you had in your environment.

If you see its working in the previous version and not in the new one I would suggest to create a case.

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
FlorianSchneider
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

We are currently facing the same issue after upgrade to February 2021. We recognized, that, e.g., there is suddenly a difference if you define your access table outside of the section access and then perform a resident load or if you define it directly in the section access part.

Additionally, evaluation of specific functions appears to fail inside the section access while it is working outside (e.g. counting the numbers of rows of a table). 
Worst, there seems to be an issue, especially if you use the GROUP column.

Considering your question about editing the app. The simple trick is to export the app without data and then reimport it. This resets the app to a not-loaded state where the section access is not (yet) applied.

Best regards