geomakepoint (Lat, Long)

FROM xxx

LOAD

map.Name as name,

map.Point as point,

map.Area as area

FROM [lib://IDN US/map.kml]

(kml, Table is [map/cb_2013_us_cbsa_20m]);

When I drag and drop "area it tells me: the action you are attempting cannot be applied to this visualization.

Also, when I use GeoAggrGeometry(area) as area it does not let me load since the expression is invalid!

Any Help?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rod,

My Qliksense version is 1.1.0

I did some more experiments. So I am able to my my are, but I cannot add my geographical points on it. So basically I have 2 sets of data:

1. My data points with Long and Lat ( I integrated them by Geomakepoint (Lat, Long) as Geo)

2. My KML file that has area on map

I want to have both area and data points (1470 points) on the same map.

When I first add Area as a layer to map, I can add the points, but it does not show me locations for it. The map remains the same as only showing the area.

Besides, when I first add points as dimension. It does not let me to add a layer (Area).

What should I do?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

When you try "Add Dimension" to the map object you get this error? 

If yes, there should be a problem with the file. Corrupt or something. Try to recreate it.

BR

Serhan

Not applicable
Author

I guess my file is working fine since I uploaded the KML file on Google map and it worked. Also, when I loaded the KML file, Qlik Sense showed me the tables of data for Area, point, and name. Besides, the file is from US Census.

So basically, I have an area on my map which shows counties in a KML file. Besides, I have data points in a separate file that I want to show on the same map.

I did an experiment and first added the are as a layer and it worked fine. After I wanted to add data points with geomake point (lat, long) it gave me the same error.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Milad,

It may be your version of Qlik Sense? I am using the latest release (1.1.0).

I just found a file with the same name as yours (cb_2013_us_cbsa_20m) and it imported fine and I was able to create a map using the Area data.

I have attached the qvf for reference.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rod

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rod,

My Qliksense version is 1.1.0

I did some more experiments. So I am able to my my are, but I cannot add my geographical points on it. So basically I have 2 sets of data:

1. My data points with Long and Lat ( I integrated them by Geomakepoint (Lat, Long) as Geo)

2. My KML file that has area on map

I want to have both area and data points (1470 points) on the same map.

When I first add Area as a layer to map, I can add the points, but it does not show me locations for it. The map remains the same as only showing the area.

Besides, when I first add points as dimension. It does not let me to add a layer (Area).

What should I do?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

The map can be either area or point; not both at the same time.

BR

Serhan