Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Load Script Variable

Hi all,

i am looking for a solution / work around for a nice feature i used back in the days in QlikView: Setting an app-variable from a Publisher task. Is there something similar available by now in Sense ?

The use case i am trying to cover is as follows: I want to use one (and only one) app to load different scripts (included as QVS). There will be multiple reload tasks, where every reload task refers to the same app, but the app is reloading different scripts. The script itself would be referred by a variable (which i am seeking to set somehow via the reload task). Maybe there is an option in the context of application automation ?

Thanks a lot for some advise!

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Seems you can workaround this one using application automation:

- create app > set LOAD script > delete app

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

Is there a particular reason why you want to use a single app to reload a variety of different scripts? While I do not know of a solution off hand for you particular case, I do know there are some complex automation systems that are possible, in general though I find simpler is better for later extension and maintenance.

Sivapriya_d
Creator
Creator

Are you looking for something like loop & Reduce ?

xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

We're generating our QVDs using QVS files for every QVD we generate. Instead of creating one app per script (and QVD) that we want to generate, we'd like to have only one app. We're doing so with QlikView and i was hoping to find a similar functionality in Qlik Sense. I did find a way to do so using application automation, though. So i think i am good for this challenge 😉 Thanks!

xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Seems you can workaround this one using application automation:

- create app > set LOAD script > delete app