Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Begee
Contributor
Contributor

Map dimension change on filter selection

Hi ,

I am using qliksense with June 2019 version . 

For the MAP object , I have added a measure for color in area layer . The measure contains set analysis on a field (say FieldA)

sum({<FieldA={'A'}>}count) has data for 10 countries

But when I select FieldA= B(which has data for  2 countries) in a filter , the MAP is getting restricted for the 2 countries under FieldA=B even though the measure value is not changing .

The same in a barchat will still show me all 10 countries as per set analysis (meaning any selection in FieldA will not change the dimension)

May i know why the dimension values are changing

3 Replies
Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@Begee Is possible to share the actual formula and or a screen shot of the visualization. It sounds like it is performing as you have set it up, but I may be reading into it wrong.

Begee
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Steven_Haught  : I cannot provide the actual formula  ,But for example if the formula is 

sum({<DocumentLevel={'LOCAL'}>}count)  to a bar chart , we expect that the bar chart will not respond to another selection DocumentLevel='GLOBAL' since we have defined a value in set analysis already which is working for me 

See below that the bar chart still shows a lot of countries but filter panel shows only 4 countries for GLOBAL . This is correct since bar chart is showing based on LOCAL 

Begee_0-1615801932914.png

But if i apply same formula in a MAP ,The MAP dimension range is changing w:r:t the selection of DocumentLevel . Meaning the MAP is showing values only for the 3 countries in filter

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@Begee so for your dimension in the map are you setting the dimension to If(DocumentLevel='LOCAL', [Country Name]) or how do you have the dimension set up in the Map?