cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RadovanOresky
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

More dimensions (10+) in Sankey chart

Is it possible to have more than 5 dimensions in Sankey chart (part of the Visualization Bundle)?

I remember that in the extension that was published on Qlik Branch there was a possibility to extend the last added dimension somehow. Is this possible in this official one? Because the last release from GitHub does not work on new Qlik Sense versions.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RadovanOresky
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

In the end we adjusted the .js code of the old version of Sankey extension which we found on Qlik Branch.

sankey_10_nodes.PNG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RadovanOresky
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

In the end we adjusted the .js code of the old version of Sankey extension which we found on Qlik Branch.

sankey_10_nodes.PNG

shereenH
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @RadovanOresky , 
   Can you share what you've done as I'm trying to achieve the same thing but I'm fairly new to Qlik and I have no idea how I can get the old extension code and how to alter it.

EDIT: Okay, I was able to duplicate the original to create my own test extension of the Sankey and find where the limit is set to 5. But I'm not able to visually see the extra dimensions on screen. What part of the code should be adjusted for that ?

jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III

@RadovanOresky 

Hey, just in case you need to color the "flow" between nodes, you can try out the code I've modified from the extension. We've been using it in production for years. I haven't really ever tried 10+ dimensions but you could give it a try.

https://github.com/jonvitale/SenseColorableSankey

(But I won't promise to keep this updated indefinitely).

-vitale

OppilaalDaniel
Partner - Contributor III

Hey @jonvitale /@RadovanOresky,

I tried using your updated .js code for this extension.

My requirement will be to display 15 dimensions in the chart.

For testing, I have changed the max dimension value till 12 (However I'm able to get only 9 dimensions displayed in the chart, but I need to display 10 dimensions). Is it a limitation of this extension?

Can you help me with your thoughts or Is there any further .js code changes that has to be done to get the 10+ dimensions displayed.

Will appreciate you help on this.

Oppilaal Daniel
jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III

Hello @OppilaalDaniel ,

I apologize, but I'm no longer supporting this. In fact, I don't even work with Qlik anymore so I wouldn't have a way to even do anything about it. However, a (colored) Sankey is now a standard extension that comes with Qlik Sense, so you should probably use that. As far as I'm aware, there wasn't really anything my version could do that the out-of-the-box version couldn't. Good luck

jon

OppilaalDaniel

Hi @jonvitale ,

Thanks!

Oppilaal Daniel