cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newuser
Creator II
Creator II

Multiple Dimensions, Stacked Bar Chart

Hi - what I am trying to do is create year + month on the x-axis in a stacked bar chart. I got that to work (kind of) by creating an expression concatenating year + month (these are separate numeric fields in my dataset). But Excel does this prettier by having year + month as separate labels on the multi-dimensional x-axis, like below – I cannot figure out how to replicate this x-axis label in Qlik:

2019-02-08_19-09-45.jpg

Any tips appreciated.  When change to month name, the sort gets thrown off because Jan isn't alphabetically first.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Do you want 2017 Jan, 2017 feb and so on? If so then as you said concatenation would work.
If not can you plese show us what are you expecting?
Learning never stops.
newuser
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi - the prior image showed what I need/expect, but in short, I need year labels and underneath, month labels. So that the first row would show 2017 2018, and underneath that, a single label "Jan" and so on for the 12 months. I was told I should be able to add multiple dimensions to a stacked bar chart, but the only way I see how to do that is by adding an alternative dimension, which didn't work.

Thanks for any tips you can provide!

newuser
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I have “year & mo” concatenated as an expression for the “Stack” dimension, another field (“payment method”) as the bar dimension, and the payment $ as the measure. I don't see a way to add another Stack dimension, which I think is what I need to get the x-axes to show the way they do in Excel (see image in original post).

jostourn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, did you manage to solve this? I have the same requirement and a trellis chart would not be quite the same