Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruben_moya
Creator
Creator

Number formatting blank after load

Hi everyone,

I am using Qlik sense June 2018 version. 

Whenever I change the values of the following parameters in the load script and the objects are set with Numeric formatting, it appears a blank option in the drill down.

SET ThousandSep='.';
SET DecimalSep=',';
SET MoneyThousandSep='.';
SET MoneyDecimalSep=',';
SET MoneyFormat='#.##0,00 €;-#.##0,00 €';

ruben_moya_0-1650962763905.png

It seems that Qlik can't automatically change the number format when the separators change.

Does anyone have any idea about how to fix this? Is this a bug?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @ruben_moya, testing this on a more recent version of Qlik Sense it doesn't happen so an upgrade will most likely fix the issue 😊

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @ruben_moya, testing this on a more recent version of Qlik Sense it doesn't happen so an upgrade will most likely fix the issue 😊

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
marcus_sommer

I don't think that there is a bug else there is probably just an empty value. Beside this it looked that there are various different types of values included within this field. Most often you will need to interpret and/or format them explicitly. This might be done with something like:

alt(num(num#(Value, 'Format1'), 'Format2'), num(num#(Value, 'Format3'), 'Format4'), ...) as Value

which means multiple conversions + formatting are combined and the first numeric interpretation wins.

- Marcus

ruben_moya
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot for your answers.

@marcus_sommer , I think we already tried all the possible options but we need the formatting to be numeric since we need the object to keep the format when exported to excel and we also need it to be dynamic.

It looks like  a bug cause the blank option in the drilldown it's not an actual option, it only appears after you change the formatting parameters in the load script.  It seems that in this version Qlik is not able to change the format of the measure automatically when those parameters are changed:

Number format BEFORE modifying format options in load script

ruben_moya_0-1651050813551.png

Number format AFTER modifying format options in load script

ruben_moya_1-1651050819981.png

Anyway, it seems that upgrading to a newer version is the only option for us.

Thanks a lot.