Skip to main content

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Welcome to Qlik Community! Check out our new navigation! FIND OUT MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahallen1
Creator II
Creator II

Only need filename() and filetime() but ooxml XLSX files are huge and takes 30 seconds just to get this (FIRST 1 LOAD)

This is part of a more complex script but I've isolated/simplified the problem part of code - see below.

There are 4x matching files in the directory matching the * wildcard format.  It takes almost 3 minutes to load this tiny bit of script - over 30 seconds per file.

The problem is there are almost 400 columns in these files (XLSX / ooxml).  But I don't care about the columns or file content at this point, I just want the filename/filetime (in my bigger script I'm only loading data from those with filetime>=lastreload, so this initial step is just to get a list of new files).  

Is there any way Qlik can produce a file directory (including filetime) without trying to interpret the file contents, which is what seems to take ages?

Thanks in advance.

Test:
FIRST 1 LOAD FileBaseName() as filename,
FileTime() as filetime
FROM
[\\server\share\folder\namingconvention_*.xlsx]
(ooxml);

filetime, filename, dir, dirlist, filelist, directory, biff, incremental

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich

You can use the "For Each... filelist()" script to get file information without opening the files.  See

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptControlS...

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sarahallen1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Edit: I think I mean OOXML not BIFF (XLSX)

rwunderlich

You can use the "For Each... filelist()" script to get file information without opening the files.  See

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptControlS...

-Rob

sarahallen1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Excellent, so much quicker!  Thank you Rob.