Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandeepk218
Contributor
Contributor

Partial Reload scanning all the script and Want to avoid it.

Hi,

I am reloading my script from frontend Button action (reload data) and Partial reload box is CHECKED.

In my script I have REPLACE prefix to Load statement which I need to reload partially on above button click.

but when I click button, Button is disabled > partial reload happens 8-10 seconds to get desired output > but it still scans my entire script  to check for partial reload statements and takes another 20 seconds to ENABLE the Button.

Please help if anyone know how to avoid the script scanning. NOTE- full load takes 3 minutes.

Thank you.
Sandeep

Labels (1)
5 Replies
LDR
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @sandeepk218 

Have you implemented in using the Script Editor something like that?:

IF IsPartialReload() THEN

TRACE "Partial Load";
Call PartialFunction;

ELSE

TRACE "Full Load";
CALL FullFunction;

END IF;

Of course functions PartialFunction and FullFunction will include what you want to execute depending if it's a Partial of a Full reload.

Regards

sandeepk218
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi LDR,

Thanks for your reply.

yes. I have implemented in Script Editor something like below :

IF  IsPartialReload() THEN
REPLACE LOAD 1
REPLACE LOAD 2 
REPLACE LOAD 3  (thse I want as partial reload when I click button on frontend);
Else 

LOAD 1 
LOAD 2
LOAD 3 (these will load during full reload only);
End if;

havent implemented as Trace and call functions.
can you give me an example please

Thanks again.

sandeepk218
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi guys,

If anyone knows anything related how to stop scanning the entire script when using partial reload, then please help.

Thank you.
Sanddep

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Sandeep,

I may be wrong, but i would assume that it needs to scan the whole script to ensure it runs the required parts of the script. As suggestion Sub Routines and partial reloads do not execute unneeded parts, but i don't think you can stop them being read at all.

marcus_sommer

I think that you mixing different things and that there isn't a real issue with the partial reload else more with the way how the reload is triggered and does respond.

Reading the script is even by large scripts a matter of milliseconds and yes the entire script must be always read to derive the needed actions. In this regard make sure that really all script-parts are completely separated - including all kinds of script and not only loads else also routines, variables, includes, connections ... whatever.

Quite useful would be to monitor the various log-files - from load and tasks as well as event/application/session/performance logs - by multiple attempts and all kind of trigger and load-mode.

Further keep in mind that finishing a reload doesn't mean that everything is ready else the data-model must be build and load- and task engine must communicate with the server that there were a data-refresh which also required actions in regard to authentication and authorization and probably some other things more. All this may take some time and I wouldn't be surprised if there were also various timeout-settings included to steady the entire process-flow ...