Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AW97
Contributor
Contributor

Pivot table format issue in QlikSense

I’m trying to port over our IT holiday calendar app from QlikView to Qliksense, but I am having difficulty building the pivot table in Qliksense. The main issue is trying to create the same format for the pivot table but the line break char(10)/(13) trick that works in QlikView doesn’t in Qliksense. Has anyone come across anything similar or have a workaround to display like QlikView?example.PNGExample 1.PNG

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

For the pivot table, unfortunately not. While the pivot header will respect a new line within a string quote, lines won't in my experience.

You might be able to get something reasonably similar by using multiple regular tables stacked up next to each other, each describing a single day of the week. Regular tables will take chr(10) for a new line, as well as new lines contained within a string quote. You'll probably need to pad new lines into each table to ensure every cell is the same height.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Or
MVP
MVP

For the pivot table, unfortunately not. While the pivot header will respect a new line within a string quote, lines won't in my experience.

You might be able to get something reasonably similar by using multiple regular tables stacked up next to each other, each describing a single day of the week. Regular tables will take chr(10) for a new line, as well as new lines contained within a string quote. You'll probably need to pad new lines into each table to ensure every cell is the same height.