Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephenDunn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Positions of dimensions within filter pane change when an app is published

Hi,

In my latest app, the positions of dimensions within a filter pane change when the app has been published.  It's rather a strange one, I arrange them during development, and the app in development always has them in the correct positions, but after publishing, the published app shows them in a different order!

Does anyone know how to keep them where they are supposed to be!?

Thanks

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenDunn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I eventually got this fixed by removing the filter pane from each sheet it was used in, editing the master item (I just switched the positions of two filters and switched them back, so that it saved again), then putting it back in the sheets.  Then re-published it, and it worked as expected.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

G'day @StephenDunn,

I have three strategies to deal with this annoyance:

1. split up the filters into multiple filter panes so that it reduces the problem

2. prefer filters down the side rather than across the top as they do stay in the correct order

3. try not to get annoyed when Qlik does something that you don't want it to do

Maybe someone else has some better answers. If so, I like to hear them as well.

Cheers, Barnaby Dunn.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

May be the layout was never saved ! if your app is too large in GB's it can take a long time for the  app to actually save and sync changes with the repo

a few things to try would be

1) waiting for sometime atleast 10min(i.e if you have a large app )

2) instead of publishing and replacing an existing app;  delete the existing published app and publish as a new app

QlikSense is very good at caching, so it might actually be returning a cached version of the layout, try deleting cache as well from your browser

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
StephenDunn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I eventually got this fixed by removing the filter pane from each sheet it was used in, editing the master item (I just switched the positions of two filters and switched them back, so that it saved again), then putting it back in the sheets.  Then re-published it, and it worked as expected.