Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FredrikFolkeryd
Contributor
Contributor

Possible values displayed in straight table although effectively excluded from 'Show zero values=false'

I have an issue with the table chart object. If I configure zero values to be excluded, one dimension (in the column drop-down) displays possible selections that are not actually part of the set.

Example

FOO (dimension)BAR (measure)BAZ (dimension)
abc1some property
def0some other property

If  I uncheck Add-ons > Data handling > Show zero values, then only row 'abc' appears in the column, but the BAZ dimension still displays both 'some property' and 'some other property', giving the appearance that both are represented in the table. If you select 'some other property', all rows are filtered out.

Expected:

Only properties that are present in the set _after_ zero values have been excluded are possible to select in the drop-downs. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FredrikFolkeryd
Contributor
Contributor
Author

My work-around for this was to turn the over-populated dimension into a calculated dimension:

=aggr( if(Bar>0,Baz),Bar,Baz)

Since aggr automatically drops nulls, the only values for Baz left are the ones where Bar is greater than 0. Since the data set is small, using aggr does not impact performance.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
FredrikFolkeryd
Contributor
Contributor
Author

My work-around for this was to turn the over-populated dimension into a calculated dimension:

=aggr( if(Bar>0,Baz),Bar,Baz)

Since aggr automatically drops nulls, the only values for Baz left are the ones where Bar is greater than 0. Since the data set is small, using aggr does not impact performance.