Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan_Alm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Preserve ObjectId when moved between sheets

Hi,

we are using Qlik Analytics Platform and have a mashup that fetches object ID's and places them on a webpage.

Therefore the sheets and object placements in the qlik sense desktop are of no matter because we can pick any Object from any sheet and place them wherever is suitable. 

However, from a development perspective it is more efficient to mirror the desktop app with the mashup to get a sense of where each object belong too. 

Sometimes, and object is placed on the wrong sheet and needs to be moved. This causes the ObjectId to be changed and the mashup then fails to fetch this Object. I have read that an Object can be added as a master item to prevent the ID from changing. However, I have not been able to replicate that. 

Hence my question; is there a way of moving an object between sheets and keeping the ObjectID? If so, how do I do that?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When you reference the Master Viz, make sure you use the MasterViz id, not the id of the sheet object that references the master item. 

A nice thing about the Title method is it's portable across environments. For example, if you fetch from a prod server vs a test server.

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have addressed this in my mashups by either

1) The Master Viz method.

2) Code a routine that looks up the objectId by title.

-Rob

Jonathan_Alm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@rwunderlich 

I have read about using master items to keep objectId intact. I found this thread:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Qlik-Sense-How-To-Cut-Paste-Object-And-Keep-Same-Obj...

But I have not been able to make that work. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Is that the method you refer too?

Number 2) Have not thought about fetching title instead of name. Could be an alternative.

Kind regards, Jonathan

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When you reference the Master Viz, make sure you use the MasterViz id, not the id of the sheet object that references the master item. 

A nice thing about the Title method is it's portable across environments. For example, if you fetch from a prod server vs a test server.

-Rob