Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shubh307
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik App taking more time to load

Hi All,

When using Qlik version June 2019  it was taking few second to a minute for app load (first time) or when user session is expired.

But in Qlik Dec 2020 version its taking around 9 minutes to load 3 GB app.

Any suggestions.  @Miguel_Angel_Baeyens   Michael_Tarallo , Henric_Cronströmsunny_talwar, 

Note: There is no major changes in implementation. Also i have compared Script logs, not much time difference for both of them

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

With regards to the software, there have been changes which, for the most part, should maintain the opening times, when not making them faster.

Can you confirm this is the very same environment were June 2019 was installed that was upgraded to December 2020 without any further changes? E.g.: repository or storage on a separate drive, antivirus, operating system, network...

The script logs won't tell you much, while the amount of data does impact opening times, I assumed by your post that it used 3GB before and is using 3GB now.

Is that the size of the app in disk or in memory when open?

shubh307
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Miguel_Angel_Baeyens 

Thanks for responding.

Please find comparative details

System: Win Server 2019

RAM: 320 GB

Initial App Load Time

• June 2019 --> ~50sec
  • Sep 2020 --> ~7min

Report Load Time

• June 2019 --> ~6 mins
  • Sep 2020 --> ~ 1min 30 sec
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

That "report load time" is when the app is cached? Or an entirely different application? If the latter, some apps load slower and some considerably faster, correct?

It's very difficult to say without knowing the rest of the environment and the apps themselves.

If you happen to have, or be able to have, an environment with June 2019 I would invite you to use the Scalability Tools and run the same script on both versions and compare where the response times are higher, as well as using the browser Developer Tools to see which request is the one causing the delay and Windows Performance counters on both to observe any potential differences in resource consumption.

shubh307
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for suggestions @Miguel_Angel_Baeyens 

For me current concern is initial app load time (marked in red earlier)

So if system is restarted or services are restarted or user session is expired (and may be few other reasons which I might not be aware of), App overview page is taking 7 mins to load in Sep 2020 version.

shubh307_0-1620221395411.png

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

At this point I can only suggest to log a case with Qlik Support so they can investigate if the issue is indeed a product defect or related to the environment (server or apps).

shubh307
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Appreciate your time. Thanks. 👍